Thursday, August 30, 2007

Transfer songs from your iPod to your computer

I have an iPod (love it, use it often). I have music from my computer as well my husband's computer on it. Sometimes I hear a song on the iPod that I don't have on my computer and would like to have it on my hard drive. I also re-formatted my hard drive this summer and no longer have a couple of songs that reside on my iPod. I'd like to get them back onto my hard drive.

Unfortunately, Apple's software prevents you from downloading music FROM your iPod to a computer. Very frustrating.

Fortunately, you can get it around it using Windows file explorer without too much trouble (although finding the specific song you want will take a bit of time).

PC Magazine walks you through the steps to do this - I guess I know what I'll be doing over the long weekend!

No comments: